RE: Oracle Context index returning inconsistent results

From: Robert Buda <>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:24:55 -0500

>A-ha! An even better explanation is the special ":" Result-set operator in
> a ConText query:

>(look for "MAX" in that page) You'll need to escape the colon, as it has
>special meaning in ConText.

Thanks for that tip but unfortunately, escaping the colon makes no difference. I did not think the colon was the problem anyway because both strings have one.

> Is there a difference in the SCORE returned in your tests?

In call cases that I listed where the query works for the value '05:1254C', the score is 16.

When I query against the other value (which works all the time) the score is 13.