Re: RMAN Catalog and Controlfile are out of sync for few backups

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:15:59 -0800

What do these queries show?

From the database:

select incarnation#, resetlogs_time, prior_resetlogs_time from v$database_incarnation
order by 2

From the backup catalog:

select name,current_incarnation, resetlogs_time, prior_resetlogs_time from rc_database_incarnation
where dbid = DBID
order by 3

You will need to edit the previous query for the correct DBID This can be found by this query on the target database:

  select DBID from v$database;

Jared Still