RMAN Catalog and Controlfile are out of sync for few backups

From: Raj Mareddi <raj.mareddi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:21:24 -0500

I have restored my controlfile from yesterday's RMAN Backup and restored database. RMAN has automatically done full sync, when it first ran after restore. There are some tape backups which are made after the restore point (between yesterday's backup and now). This info is not available in v$backup_piece, however this is in catalog table(RC_BACKUP_PIECE). I have tried resync catalog but it hasn't fetched any records from Catalog to Controlfile.

Is resync always from Controlfile to Catalog ? Can we sync in reverse direction too ?

TIA,
Raj Mareddi