RE: RDA can't get it to connect to our database

From: John Hallas <John.Hallas_at_morrisonsplc.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 19:55:12 +0000

I do think RDA has got too clever for its own good. It used to work quickly with minimal setup. Now it seems to ask questions about every option that Oracle has ever produced and it cannot seem to comprehend that you a) might not have yet created a database or b) cannot connect to an existing one, which is probably why you have raised the SR in the first place.

BTW, I must have raised in excess of 20 support calls on 11i databases and have never been asked for an incident package from ADRCI.

John
www.jhdba.wordpress.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Allen, Brandon Sent: 21 January 2009 22:18
To: jocjlj_at_gmail.com; oracle-l
Subject: RE: RDA can't get it to connect to our database

I've run the RDA a few times on Unix and Linux with no problems. Can you provide more detail on the nature of your connectivity problems, perhaps the error message you're receiving?

Have you checked the obvious things such as your ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID variables, username & password, listener & tns config, etc.?

Regards,

Brandon

Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc is registered in England with number 358949. The registered office of the company is situated at Gain Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD3 7DL. This email and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.

If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by replying to the email that you have received in error and then destroy the email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy or rely on the email or its attachments in any way.

Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC accepts no liability or responsibility for anything said in the email or its attachments and gives no warranty as to accuracy. It is the policy of Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC not to enter into any contractual or other obligations by email.

Although we have taken steps to ensure the email and its attachments are virus-free, we cannot guarantee this or accept any responsibility, and it is the responsibility of recipients to carry out their own virus checks.