Re: Urgent, please: what are my options???

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:39:25 -0800 (PST)

I'm not about to touch this question with a 10 foot pole. A google search for things like Oracle force open database might provide some help and suggestions. If you get it back up, understand that it's inconsistent.... there is no assurance that the data is in any state that is usable.

I have to ask... why no backup?

 Robert G. Freeman
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now... Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)

From: Eugene Pipko <eugene.pipko_at_unionbay.com> To: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 1:31:14 PM Subject: Urgent, please: what are my options???

Hi all,
I have a 9i on Windows2003 with no backup. Database was open while drive where redo logs resided was gone. So I lost all redo logs.
I shutdown d/b, mounted it, backed up controlfile to trace. Recreated control file, but when I try to open resetlogs d/base I receive an error:

ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent ORA-01110: data file 1:
'D:\ORACLE_SAN\DATA\SYSTEM\REPD_SYSTEM_01.DBF'   What are my options besides rebuilding d/base???

Eugene