RE: Urgent, please: what are my options???

From: Michael Fontana <mfontana_at_enkitec.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:55:28 -0600 (CST)

Eugene, looks like you unfortunately have a "perfect storm" in unrecoverable database terms.

I am pretty certain you are going to have to rebuild your database. There are certain hidden (underline prefix)

Init parameters you can use to bypass log file checking, but they rarely work.

You would have to call Oracle support to use these in a way supported by the vendor.

If the database is running in archivelog mode, you could enter the command "recover database" and it might be able to come up after that with a resetlogs.

I'd back up whatever pieces you have right now before calling Oracle or trying anything else.

Ironically, if you had not shut it down when you had discovered this error, you may have been able to export all the data.