RE: Thoughts on crs installation on HP-UX

From: D'Hooge Freek <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:18:17 +0100

On linux you can use bonding to create a redundant interconnect without additional cost (with the benefit of having more bandwidth). In solaris you can also use ipmp for active/passive failover and I think that in solaris 10 sun truncing (which supports active/active) is also free. But I don't know if HP-UX has something similar (without license cost).

Freek D'Hooge
Oracle Database Administrator
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82

From: Matthew Zito [] Sent: vrijdag 23 januari 2009 16:16
To: Dan Norris
Cc: D'Hooge Freek;; Subject: RE: Thoughts on crs installation on HP-UX

I generally agree, with the two notable exception that using SG+CRS gives you the option of a clustered filesystem, something that you don't get with just CRS, and failover interconnects, which I believe you still can't do with CRS. If you don't care about those things though, or just don't want to deal with the added complexity.

Matthew Zito
Chief Scientist
GridApp Systems
P: 646-452-4090