RE: Thoughts on crs installation on HP-UX

From: D'Hooge Freek <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:25:42 +0100

As I think of it, you could indeed write your own resouces in the crs and use these to manage an active/standby database.

But according to the licensing rules you can't install crs on HP-UX without licensing rac.

Note: 220970.1 - RAC: Frequently Asked Questions (What are the licensing rules for Oracle Clusterware? Can I run it without RAC?)

Freek D'Hooge
Oracle Database Administrator
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82