Re: How to justify a Database Shutdown

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:50:50 -0300

It is indeed a dedicated server environment, with client/server architecture (Actually application is in forms 6i, don't laugh!)

I didn't consider the impact on SLA of this reboot, I doubt this particular customer would do such a thing, but It's interesting to keep it in mind nonetheless... specially if these instance shutdown/startups are going to become a regular thing.

Thanks everyone
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Associate