Re: database authentication by windows credentials

From: Pedro Espinoza <>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:45:01 -0800

AFAIK, you gotta have Oracle Internet Directory (OID) to connect Oracle, if one wants to have ldap functionality. However, Oracle provides a way to sync up OID with AD users: thats what WNA is all about. In directory business, these functions (syncing up across various directories, like openldap with ad; ad with oid; oid with some other directory)) fall under "meta directory services.

The following helps: