RE: RAC - remove node

From: QuijadaReina, Julio C <QuijadJC_at_alfredstate.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:03:12 -0500

Hello Abdul,

Have looked into the possibility of user equivalency being broken (e.g. ssh keys/authorized_keys gone) on the nodes being removed? I have seen dbca hang for that reason. Just a thought...

Julio

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of A Ebadi [ebadi01_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:55 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RAC - remove node

Hi,

Has anyone on this list had experience removing a node from an Oracle RAC cluster when that node is down/gone? In other words, does the node you are trying to remove have to be up for you to remove it?

Background:
We have a 6 node RAC cluster that we're having trouble removing nodes from and need some help. Nodes 1,2,5,6 are all still in the cluster and nodes 3,4 are partially in. We tried removing nodes 3,4 and were not able to due to issues with dbca hanging and other issues that followed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We are on Oracle 10.2.3.0 w/ ASM on Solaris 10.

Thanks,
Abdul