Re: 10g on unix. Partitions... Tablespaces... and best practices

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:10:32 +0000

well the <50 is a rule of thumb that requires justification. it's all a bit like extents really.

in the mean time, suggest that obviously 11g is not ready for production use, because it allows automating your partitioning strategy and complete idiots like Tom Kyte and Lillian Hobbs have recommended it.

Niall :)

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA