RE: Question re Database Duplication

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:34:59 -0800

Greetings,

My spirit of adventure was indeed sent packing many years ago. I do remember those days with a certain fondness though. Good old expdp/impdp will carry the day at this point. Thanks to all those who responded.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu
(530) 754-6208
From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 9:59 AM
To: richa03_at_gmail.com
Cc: robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com; William Wagman; oracle-l Subject: Re: Question re Database Duplication

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 4:52 PM, <richa03_at_gmail.com<mailto:richa03_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Why not a streams migration?

Bill has stated that he will not be supplied with a test environment.

That pretty much dismisses anything more exotic than expdp/impdp.

To my way of thinking anway.

Bill may be more adventurous. :)

Jared Still