RE: OS Question

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 12:28:36 -0500

Actually, I think the Oracle support cost is a LOT less than Red Hat, which is why they got a lot of initial traction with this Linux offering. I think there was some option that was only $99 a year, but I don't remember the details.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of David Barbour Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 4:44 PM
To: exriscer_at_gmail.com
Cc: Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: OS Question

Running Grid Control on OEL 4 update 4(64 bit) for over a year without issue. Only time we've had to shut it down was when they redid the power in the data center. As noted, it's RedHat with the Oracle logo. I think the biggest question might be related to the support one gets from Oracle vs. RedHat. I believe the Oracle support price is a little less than RedHat's.

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 4:23 PM, LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

I have a few customers run RAC with OEL, no problems, just a RHEL clone

Thanks

--

LSC On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 9:24 PM, Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com> wrote:

Anyone using Oracle's version of Linux from their web site??

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International
2 Federal St
Billerica, MA 01821
978.313.3426
Richard.Goulet_at_PAREXEL.COM

The information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jan 05 2009 - 11:28:36 CST

Original text of this message