** identify overloaded file system - and balance the load

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:01:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

  For : OLTP database

Oracle version : 10G

OS : SunSolaris

 I am trying to identify file systems with heavy usage. So that I
can move the load out to file systems with less load. By moving database files or creating new heavy usage database files to light load file systems. I have sar reports. It has the devices. Next step for me is to map to the file systems. Or is there a way/command to get the sar to identify per file system instead of devices. I am also trying to use statspack but that also goes to the level of files/ tablespaces. Some tablespaces have files spread out over different file systems. This is my approach. There are over 200 files in the database and very difficult to sum them up. Instead if there is something at unix level to say which file system is overloaded and which is under loaded : that would help to balance it. Thanks for help. If someone has done similar work and has better suggestions : please let me know. Thanks