Re: Restore question

From: David Barbour <>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:11:46 -0500

Yes. Standard incomplete PITR of Datafile(s). Check the Backup and Recovery Advanced User's Guide at Mount the database and start RMAN (connect to catalog if you have one - a current controlfile before the disaster works just as well - it has all the info). If you know the file(s) that were lost, restore those, then recover using the SET UNTIL clause. You'll have to open with resetlogs and immediately take a backup.