RE: Query processing takes very variable time

From: Pradeep Chetal <Pradeep.Chetal_at_mformation.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:53:17 -0500

Sorry, Jared for the cryptic request. It is a complex process to set up the tables, etc, but once they are set, we run a stored proc that works on these tables - and the SQL code seems very simple - selects, inserts, and updates [even those are simple, nothing fancy ]. However, the processing factor takes long sometimes (not all the times).

I was hoping to look for *extraneous* factors (outside the code) that can affect the processing and if anyone on this list has any experience like that.

Thanks,

  • Pradeep

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 3:17 PM
To: Pradeep Chetal
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Query processing takes very variable time

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Pradeep Chetal <Pradeep.Chetal_at_mformation.com> wrote:

Without going into complete details, has anyone on the list seen something like that? Any ideas.

Without going into complete explanations, yes.

Jared Still

Pradeep Chetal
Sr. Director - Infrastructure Architecture

Mformation Technologies Inc.
Switchboard: +1 732 692 6200

Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help you to transform your business