Re: Query processing takes very variable time

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 06:58:14 -0700

How about running SQL trace on the process, followed by TKPROF with the
parameters "sort=prsela,exeela,fchela" and "print=5"
(to limit results to the five SQL statements consuming the most elapsed
time)?  The answer may just pop right out at you, and if not, then you
can display the TKPROF output to the list for more useful and informed
opinions?

Pradeep Chetal wrote:

Hi,

We are running a query on our DB and even when there is nothing else running on a DB, the query takes different time. Few times it will process 300 records/second and then go back to 10 records/second. There are no Oracle errors or alerts in the log. This is a simple 2-node RAC cluster. These are simple queries, nothing fancy here. We are picking records from one table and put “processed” records in a second table and some “incomplete” records in a 3rd table.

Without going into complete details, has anyone on the list seen something like that? Any ideas.

Happy Holidays.

Thanks,

-- Pradeep

Pradeep Chetal
Sr. Director - Infrastructure Architecture

Mformation Technologies Inc.
Switchboard: +1 732 692 6200

Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help you to transform your business

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Dec 29 2008 - 07:58:14 CST

Original text of this message