Query processing takes very variable time

From: Pradeep Chetal <Pradeep.Chetal_at_mformation.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 08:46:37 -0500

Hi,

We are running a query on our DB and even when there is nothing else running on a DB, the query takes different time. Few times it will process 300 records/second and then go back to 10 records/second. There are no Oracle errors or alerts in the log. This is a simple 2-node RAC cluster. These are simple queries, nothing fancy here. We are picking records from one table and put "processed" records in a second table and some "incomplete" records in a 3rd table.

Without going into complete details, has anyone on the list seen something like that? Any ideas.

Happy Holidays.

Thanks,

  • Pradeep

Pradeep Chetal
Sr. Director - Infrastructure Architecture

Mformation Technologies Inc.
Switchboard: +1 732 692 6200

Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help you to transform your business

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Dec 29 2008 - 07:46:37 CST

Original text of this message