Re: ** LIKE with RAW

From: Alex Fatkulin <>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:37:24 -0500

It is would be nice if you could provide an example, but I'll take a bet and guess that you're stuffing % in a wrong place...

it works

SQL> create table r (r raw(32));

Table created.

SQL> insert into r values (utl_raw.cast_to_raw('raw value'));

1 row created.

SQL> insert into r values (utl_raw.cast_to_raw('raw value again'));

1 row created.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

SQL> select *

  2     from r
  3     where r like utl_raw.cast_to_raw('raw')||'%';

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 12:17 PM, A Joshi <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a column with datatype RAW. I can select the data and search using
> = . When try to select using LIKE : it does not work and it does not return
> any rows. Is there a way I can use LIKE. Thanks
> * I do a select to get the data and then from the data returned : do a
> select using LIKE and it does not return rows. Thanks for help.

Alex Fatkulin,