how to get all ROWIDs from a table (without selecting it)?

From: Martin Berger <>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:26:09 +0100

Does anyone knows a way to get all ROWIDs from an table without selecting it?
My investigations led me to DBMS_ROWID.ROWID_CREATE and DBA_EXTENTS (Note:238272.1 helped me a lot) but now I'm a little stucked. I does not know how to get all used row_numbers for all blocks (which I calculate from dba_extents) to generate all ROWIDs in DBMS_ROWID.ROWID_CREATE.
Even unused blocks are not within reach for me. (But if I would know there are no row_numbers, It would be a strong indication for a unused block).
DBMS_SPACE.UNUSED_SPACE helps to get the High Watermark (I hope, still untested, sorry).

Has anyone any hint how to get the remaining pieces of this puzzle?

thank you in advance,

Martin Berger