LOBs and XMLTYPEs and NOLOGGING and NOCACHE

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:43:09 -0500

Help!

I find this syntax to be quite confusing and frustrating.....can someone offer me a clue here?

This looks right to me, but doesn't work: $ sqlplus sgarapati/sgarapati

SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on Mon Dec 15 14:41:22 2008

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit Production

SQL> desc sg_documents

 ----------------------------------------- -------- ----------------------------
 DOC_ID                                             NUMBER(15)
 DOC_TEXT                                           PUBLIC.XMLTYPE

SQL> alter table sg_documents modify lob(doc_text.xmltype) (nocache nologging); alter table sg_documents modify lob(doc_text.xmltype) (nocache nologging)

                                             *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02337: not an object type column

Shouldn't that work? Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong? All I'm trying to do here is change the XMLTYPE to be NOCACHE and NOLOGGING...

AdvThanksance,

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies ProQuest

ProQuest...Start here.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Dec 15 2008 - 13:43:09 CST

Original text of this message