Re: text file with Metalink released patch info

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:27:10 -0800 (PST)

Andre,

Do you mean you want to have a single text file summarizing all patches bundled in a patch release? For instance, Note:601739.1 summarizes all bugs 11.1.0.7 Patch Set fixes. Bug numbers are the same as patch numbers. So it serves the purpose. But looks like you need more detailed info, such as when it was released. Then the only way is to click the bug number and you see "Last Revision Date" for the bug, but that may not be the same as patch release date.

The Metalink team could have spent more time automating these tasks rather than making the site prettier. One important missing functionality is search in TARs (SRs). For that, I wrote a VBScript for it http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/MetalinkSRs.txt

If you're comfortable with this language (which is fairly easy), you can modify it to automate a real human's "ploughing and grabbing through tons of ML screens", and downloading. One you download all of them, grep the patch readme.txt on your local hard drive...

Yong Huang