ORA-4043 On DBA_* Views If They Are Described In a Mount Stage

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:09:31 -0800

Greetings,

I came across something interesting today and I don't understand what is going on behind the scenes and hope someone can explain this to me.

Upon opening a physical standby in read only mode we received an ORA-4043 upon attempting to query a DBA_ view. The solution, which works, is to either restart the database or flush the shared pool. Of course the underlying v$ views can be queried. I don't understand what is happening here and am hoping someone can explain to me what is going on behind the scenes.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center