perl DBD::Oracle and external password store

From: Wang, Tao <twang_at_iso-ne.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:34:29 -0500

I am trying to use perl DBI to connect oracle databases using the secure external password store introduced in oracle 10gR2. It works great when I use sqlplus connect after setting up the wallet and sqlnet.ora. And jdbc thick driver [jdbc:oracle:oci8] seems to be working fine with external password store as well. but I can not get it to work using perl DBI module, and I keep getting invalid username/password, or invalid names ... Does anyone know if the perl DBI/DBD module work with external password store? Anyone has some experience with it? Any suggestion is great appreciated!

I tried it on DBD:ORACLE version: 1.15 DBI version: 1.42 with oracle 10g2 client installed.

Thanks,

Tao