Re: 10g slowdown

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:40:28 -0500

William,

What versions of SAP and Oracle are you using? SAP is really funny about bind peeking and recommends setting the hidden parameter _optim_peek_user_binds to 'FALSE'. There are also several events you should have set (depending on your version of Oracle and SAP) to 'assist' Oracle in executing a correct plan when confronted with SAP generated code.