RE: upgrade RMAN catalog problem

From: Mark W. Farnham <>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:48:44 -0500

I think you're right Jared, but it points out an interesting challenge for very large databases that can rarely stand the overhead of a full backup and which rely on a base laid down and "merged" incrementals.

I think the sum of what you're related means you need to upgrade immediately prior to a window where you are allowed to make a full backup. Yet another "rolling upgrade" constraint to live within.

Thanks for the analysis.