RE: upgrade RMAN catalog problem

From: Joe Smith <>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:22:51 -0600

Yes. There were two databases both and both were upgraded with the pathset to at the same time.

That is what I was thinking, just build a new catalog.

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:44:15 -0800From: jkstill_at_gmail.comTo: joe_dba_at_hotmail.comSubject: Re: upgrade RMAN catalog problemCC: On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 6:37 AM, Joe Smith <> wrote:

I have run into a problem with the patchset going from to on Red Hat 32bit x86 Linux. The two databases I upgraded worked fine. I can't upgrade my recovery catalog without getting the below error: connected to recovery catalog databasePL/SQL package RMAN.DBMS_RCVCAT version in RCVCAT database is not currentDBGSQL: RCVCAT> begin :upgrade_completed := dbms_rcvcat.UPGRADE_COMPLETED;end; [11:02:40.057]DBGSQL: sqlcode = 6550 [11:02:40.057]Q: Are the only databases in that particular catalog the same databases that you upgraded from to that is the case, why not just create a new catalog schema for the upgraded databases?You can't really use the old backups to restore to databases to, maybe you could, but it might be problematic.Something to consider anyway. Leave the old catalog as is, create a new one, register the upgradeddatabases in the new catalog.Should you need to restore from the old backups, you will need to use StillCertifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist