Re: upgrade RMAN catalog problem

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:44:15 -0800

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 6:37 AM, Joe Smith <> wrote:

> I have run into a problem with the patchset going from to
> on Red Hat 32bit x86 Linux.
> The two databases I upgraded worked fine.
> I can't upgrade my recovery catalog without getting the below error:
> connected to recovery catalog database
> PL/SQL package RMAN.DBMS_RCVCAT version in RCVCAT database is
> not current
> DBGSQL: RCVCAT> begin :upgrade_completed :=
> dbms_rcvcat.UPGRADE_COMPLETED;end; [11:02:40.057]
> DBGSQL: sqlcode = 6550 [11:02:40.057]

Q: Are the only databases in that particular catalog the same databases that you upgraded from to

If that is the case, why not just create a new catalog schema for the upgraded databases?

You can't really use the old backups to restore to databases to

Well, maybe you could, but it might be problematic.

Something to consider anyway. Leave the old catalog as is, create a new one, register the upgraded
databases in the new catalog.

Should you need to restore from the old backups, you will need to use

Jared Still