Re: Unexpected behavior if whenever oserror set

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:45:36 -0600

Hi Bill,

If you think the error is generated on the client side (I suspect it is), then you might find some interesting information by tracing the sqlplus execution. If it's missing a file, you'll see the ENOENT error in the trace output. Start sqlplus like this:

strace -o /tmp/sqlplus-trace.log sqlplus <sqlplus-args>

As soon after the error as possible, exit sqlplus, open the logfile in an editor and search for ENOENT from the bottom up (in vi, that's "ctrl-G, ?ENOENT"). I suspect that will help you determine/confirm the file that sqlplus can't find. Searching for login.sql should also get a hit or two in that trace output.

Dan