converting from non-rac to rac performance issue

From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 17:45:28 -0800

Hi,

Our environment was upgraded from 10.2.0.2 NON-RAC using SAN DMX storage on file-system to 10.2.0.4 RAC using ASM on SAN DMX. We are observing performance issues with high amount of elapsed time for dbfile sequential read.

The same job before upgrade completes in 3hrs50mins but now taking 5hours. We did take the tkprof output and notice high amount of dbfile sequential reads/scattered reads.
After we applied the patch 7243560 - RAPID INCREASE IN DBFILE SEQUENTIAL READ AFTER MOVING TO ASM the job has completed in 4hrs 30mins.

Almost all queries run twice the time it runs on single instance NON-RAC NON-ASM all storage on DMX.

SR with oracle support is taking its own time

Did anyone have similiar issue.

Regards,
Kumar.