Re: "503 Service Unavailable" while connecting to Grid Control

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:32:32 -0600 (CST)

Hey Maria,

There needs to be some clarification in your troubleshooting regarding ORACLE_HOMEs: Your Grid Control server should have three ORACLE_HOMEs -- Repository DB, Agent, and the OMS.

When you tested the SYSMAN account, did you test it from the server while the OMS OH was current?

Did you use the connection as specified in your OMS' emoms.properties file?

Have you verified that OMS attempts to connect to your repository DB from looking at the repository's listener log?

And have you checked for errors in the repository's alert log?

If the results of all of the above are as expected, it would seem that the OMS is connecting to the DB correctly. I'd start with a logon trigger in the repository DB to fire up a trace.

If you end up placing an SR to Oracle Support on this, beware that they may have you run a program to validate/clean your repository. Treat this operation as you would any change to important production business data outside of normal applications/operations.

HTH! GL! Rich "The other guy with two first names" Jesse