Re: process O000

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 22:57:34 +0100

K Gopalakrishnan schrieb:

> Advanced Queueing process??
>
> What is the value for aq_tm_processes in your instance?

both instances have aq_tm_processes set to 0 and we don't use AQ on these instances. maybe AWR or some other internal stuff use AQ but we don't.

some more details:

this O000 process hung while executing this statement:

SELECT (CASE WHEN PERCENT_USED> 100 THEN 0 ELSE (100-PERCENT_USED) END) PERCENT_FREE
          FROM (SELECT
(SUM(PERCENT_SPACE_USED)-SUM(PERCENT_SPACE_RECLAIMABLE)) PERCENT_USED FROM V$FLASH_RECOVERY_AREA_USAGE) in an anonymous pl/sql block. unfortunately this session caused a clusterwide hang (all rdbms instances on all nodes). i think, because it locked something inside ASM. after this session was terminated by an 600[17182] the whole cluster came back to life. Oracle Support is working on the issue, but i'm very curious, what this process is used for.

thanks so far.

regards,
-ap