RE: Simple listener parameter question

From: Mathias Zarick <>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 23:17:13 +0100

Hi Maureen,

2 things to consider...
- pmon uses this adress to post databases services (dba_services) to a
listener on this
  adress for dynamic service registration     if the same listener listens on other adresses/interfaces the service is available there as well
- a dataguard broker configuration uses this adress to build some
parameters like
  log_archive_dest_2, fal_client, etc. for the log transport

so I set it if I want to use dynamic service registration and my listener port is not 1521
or in most dataguard configs

HTH Mathias