Re: Data Guard Hanging

From: Mark Strickland <>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:18:36 -0800

Tom, in, I had a severe problem with very large transactions taking a VERY long time to propagate to the logical standby. For example, an update of 1,000,000 rows with a single update statement that might take 5 minutes to complete in the primary could take days to propagate to the standby. I went around and around with Oracle Support and they eventually acknowledged that there was likely a bug, but there was never a resolution. I don't know about 10gR2. I'm no longer at that company (went under) and we're not using logical standby at my current company. Do a search of Oracle-L for my thread about this in 2006-2007.

Mark Strickland
Seattle, WA