Re: Data Guard Hanging

From: Mark Strickland <strickland.mark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:36:24 -0800

Yes, in fact, I had to re-instantiate large tables several times. That was, as you might expect, painful. It took many hours each time and interrupted reporting. Not a viable workaround. In my case, it was developers who were doing data fixes on a large number of rows (don't ask....yes, I know it was production) and I had to train the developers to do it in smaller chunks. An update of 100,000 rows went relatively quickly. An update of 1,000,000 rows did not take 10x the amount of time for 100,000 rows. More like 100x. So, if you can do your bulk work in smaller chunks, you should be able to get around this.

-Mark

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Dec 05 2008 - 10:36:24 CST

Original text of this message