Re: Custom Report in Grid Control has Issue with MS Outlook

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 17:31:04 -0500

Tried that Dick, unfortunately the same choices aren't available in Outlook 2007 once you do that. I found this article on the web about the new "functionality:"

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/wordhtml.htm

In part it states:

"

If you work in IT or if you have been closely following the release of Outlook 2007 you've probably heard already that Outlook 2007 will use Word as the engine to display HTML-formatted emails. There has been quite some fuss about this and actually it is still going on. So what is this really all about? Well, to put it short; because it breaks some stuff… But really, trust me, it's not completely a bad thing that it does so. Some background first

Now of course the Outlook developers at Microsoft didn't break it because they like to break things. Well… maybe they do, but not when it comes to Outlook though.
Outlook now only has to support 1 HTML engine which makes developing a lot easier and you'll get much more consistent behavior which increases your email experience. In previous versions Outlook displayed the emails with the HTML rendering engine from Internet Explorer and when you had Outlook as the email editor it used its own (limited) engine to generate it. When you had Word as the email editor it used the Word engine to generate HTML and offered Word composing features. With Outlook 2007 they decided to get rid of both Word and Outlook as the email editor and replaced it with a single completely new and revamped editor (with Ribbon support!) based on Word."

Unbelievable. It actually gets better (more ridiculous). Anyway, I put in a TAR and used the new Cam thingy. Oracle Support was so taken by my capture skills they called and we did a web conference. They couldn't reproduce it immediately because they don't use Outlook. But they acknowledged it's acting squirrelly and are looking into it.