Re: Dropping 2 sys objects

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:15:15 +0100

First of all, if this is a production instance, you should check with Oracle Support if you're unsure what you're doing. You may break things seriously if you're making mistakes in the SYS schema.

Those objects should belong to EXFSYS -- have expression filter install scripts been executed in the wrong schema ? Or how did you end up having them owned by sys ?

Before you drop anything, you might want to ensure your database is "healthy":

select comp_name,status from dba_registry;

Status should return VALID for all components.

Does it list expression filter in its output ? Is it valid ?

select owner,object_type, object_name from dba_objects where status != 'VALID'; This should return almost no objects (except for the ones you listed, I'm assuming they're invalid), especially none owned by SYS.

If everything for you is valid, you should be pretty safe to drop the objects. Again, this is not something that you normally do, and please don't do it on a production instance without checking with Oracle Support first if you're unsure.

You can drop them by using

drop type body exf$attribute;
drop type exf$attribute;

Note: you should be connected as SYS (sqlplus / as sysdba).

Stefan

Stefan P Knecht
Senior Consultant
Systems Engineering