Re: making graphical reports from oracle metrics

From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 11:06:26 -0700

I take no credit for this. I read this at Howard Rodgers site www.dizwell.com a long time ago. I've tested it and had better success with 64-bit distros. For some reason, my lines got wrapped before I wanted them to with the 32-bit distros and XML is picky. If you have 10g (and presumably 11g), this should work to produce an XML and then you can open it with Excel. I know this won't produce the graphics but might provide an easier way to get it into Excel.

set long 100000
set pagesize 400
select dbms_xmlgen.getxml('select * from emp') from dual;

Kevin