how many CSS deamons required per DB

From: hrishy <>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:08:05 +0000 (GMT)

I am planning to use ASM for singel instance databases and the server has multiple DB's

Article here mentions to start the CSS instance from Oracle home

For single-node installations, the CSS service is installed in and runs from the same Oracle home as the Oracle database.

does thsi mean that if i have 5 db's i need to start 5 css deamons ? on this server.

Just my thoughts wouldnt it make more sense to start the CSS deamon from the ASM home rather then Oracle home ?