Re: 8i-10g upgrade

From: Joerg Jost <joerg.jost_at_unitrade.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 14:35:15 +0100

Hi there,

i do things like this very often because of my job. But i did not do this with databases so large. So please read my suggestions with this in mind :)

But my suggestion is, do this Tablespace for Tablespace. If i got you, you have more than 2 or 3 of them. So do the datapump for one after the other. This will result in some possible positive sideeffects.

You do not need the space of the hole database twice. You do not need so much downtime per Tablespace. You will have (probably) parts of the application online. (Depends on the architecture of SAP).

In front of each import you can drop the old Tablespace to save the space.

Maybe this is a way to solve this "timing" problem?

bye

Jörg Jost
OCP 10gR2