Re: Any-one know how to eliminate PLANNED downtime with Oracle RAC?

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 16:21:36 +0200

Hello Niall

Of course there may be issues that do not allow for this solution. This is true for every general idea.

I just want to point that there is no bi-directional replication.
First the application works on server1 and replicate to server 2.
Then the application works on server 2 and replicate to server 1.

The idea of building bi-directional replication is that is helps to return to the original server.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel