Re: Searching for a way to move a database cross platform with minimal down time

From: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:19:35 -0500

In general, the transportable database you described is the way to go. Since you have higher requirements to uptime, how about streams? I believe that works between platforms although I've never tried it like that. The restrictions are largely the same as logical standby's so if that was an option so should streams be.

Finn