RMAN Incremental merge

From: Rob Dempsey <Rob.Dempsey_at_5one.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:04:39 -0000

Hi

I want to implement the incremental merge feature for 10g http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/10gdba/week9_10gdba.html it would save a great deal of time on the backup, but we need to use the compression feature.

I was wondering how many people had implemented this and would they know (I have had a google first)

  • Does it only work on copies and not for backupsets?
  • Backup copies cannot use compression? so does this mean that the backup will be the same size of the database?

Thanks

Rob