Vs: Re: Transfer Data to another tablespace with different name

From: Teijo Lallukka <teijo.lallukka_at_edita.fi>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:58:16 +0200

Hi!

Maybe I haven't followed whole discussion from this topic but I wan't to suggest...

If you are using 10g... why not using Data pump?

  1. expdp original data...
  2. impdp with REMAP_SCHEMA & REMAP_TABLESPACE options to different user (copy)
  3. If data needs to get to original user then use alter table... move command to copied data and rename objects if needed.

is this usable?

-Teijo L.
Oracle DBA

>>> "Amir Gheibi" <gheibia_at_gmail.com> 26.11.2008 4:20 >>>
Thanks for the reply. My objective is to copy (not move) all the data (including tables) from one tablespace to another. I don't think Exchange Partition does it for me.