Re: Transfer Data to another tablespace with different name

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:15:42 -0600

Amir,

Are any of your tables really large? I saw a demonstration years ago where EXCHANGE PARTITION was used to change the ownership of a table. Basically you can use EXCHANGE PARTITION to switch the ownership. You first exchange the table into a partition, then exchange that partition to another table owned by another user. Since this is just a dictionary change, there is no execution delay. I haven't needed to try this myself, but haven't heard this mentioned in awhile.

Dennis Williams