Re: Any-one know how to eliminate PLANNED downtime with Oracle RAC?

From: Roman Podshivalov <>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:02:23 -0500

I'm wondering it lecturer ever tried to do that in real life, not in a test lab. It all works perfect on PowerPoint presentations, but in real life it's quite challenging. "Simple" bi-directional streams design and rollout could take a while. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not as simple as it sounds 8-) There are too many variables to consider and as previous folks said - there is a hefty price tag attached to each solution.