Re: ADR file archive tools

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 23:40:57 +0000

I believe that you are intended to use ADRCI and in particular the PURGE command. Frankly I don't see how this innovation was thought through at all, nor how the user testing in the Beta program managed to avoid picking up that existing scripts would screw up and that extra maintenance and security risks would be exposed, but maybe that's just me.

Niall.

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu> wrote:

> The ADR stuff in 11g does not seem to have an obvious tool to manage
> the files that are generated. The Frequently Asked Questions, Doc
> ID: Note:453125.1, doesn't mention how to archive the files. I don't
> see anything in the elaborate documentation on Automatic Diagnostic
> Repository. Does anyone have a pointer on how to protect the filesystem
> from this bloat? Maybe the OS cmds are supposed to be used, but that's
> not usually how things work.
>
> Lot's of coverage on how to look at the files, nothing on protecting
> oneself
> from them. Maybe it's all automagic and I don't have to fuss with it,
> yeah,
> that's it.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA