Re: Any-one know how to eliminate PLANNED downtime with Oracle RAC?

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:17:01 +0100

Hi Keith,

I have to second Carels and Michaels meanings. Your desire is highly complex and multi dimensional. So you will not get any straight forward answer.

In one of my prior lives I had to promote and support Multi Master Replication. If someone uses this wise, he can achieve a zero-downtime environment.
But be warned: You need a tremendous engineering work and still really good skilled operational DBAs with enough time to take care of.

I have never checked, wether or not streams can provide the same functionality. Maybe it's worth checking.

just some ideas, might they help,
  Martin

--
Martin Berger         http://berxblog.blogspot.com