Help on Rman Restore

From: Nagaraj S <>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:44:18 +0530

Hi Gurus,

I have an clarification on rman restore. My production database was running on server A with DBID 519999874 till October month and we take backup using rman to tape. This month we have moved the production database to Server B.. As part of it, I have unregistered the production database on rman catalog on server A and I have changed my database DBID using NID tool in server B and registered with new DBID to the catalog database. We had a problem today...client asked us to restore October month backup from tape when I try to do restore I get the following error

RMAN-03002: failure of set command at 11/23/2008 11:57:49

RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: RMAN-20001: target database not found in recovery catalog

Also when i queried on rman catalog I could not found the old DBID information. Kindly help me how to over come this issue.